Sony USM8X/W 8 GB Flash Pendrive
- The device features USB 3.0 which is 4 times faster than USB 2.0.
- It has a new detachable cap design that can be attached at the end, thus preventing from loosing the cap.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac PCs, as long as they have the type A USB port.
- While the read speed is 4x faster, the write speed is not disclosed.
- It has been reputed for not having a fast transfer speed.
- Some devices might also face a heating issue especially when transferring large files.
Sony is a branded name and their 8 GB Pendrive are especially touted, which is why it makes sense that this pendrive would make waves with its launch, especially when it features the USB 3.0 technology, which is up to 4 times faster that USB 2.0, at least in reading. The writing speed is not disclosed and many have complained that it is not on par with the read speed. However, there have been some complaints about the device, especially regarding transfer speeds and a heating issue. Still, it could be that there are other factors impacting these issues rather than just the device, especially considering that only a small amount of people have experienced these issues.