Lenovo YOGA 500 80N400MLIN Core i5 4 GB DDR3/500 GB HDD Notebook Black
- Fifth generation Core i5 processor offers pretty good performance. Solid state hybrid disk is also a neat addition thanks to higher transfer speeds (even though entire capacity doesn't utilize solid state feature).
- Form allows for flexible usage, especially when travelling. The ability to switch between laptop and tablet is very useful at times, especially when viewing media using the touch-screen.
- Sharp resolution and colour quality with full HD display.
- Battery life is average at best and could have been slightly higher given the price.
- Viewing angles on the display are decent at best.
Let's be honest - the Lenovo YOGA 500 80N400MLIN isn't a gaming laptop in the sense that it will push 60 FPS all the time. What it can do is offer a compact multimedia solution on the go. Whether you're interested in wasting time with indie games or watching a movie in full HD resolution, the Lenovo YOGA 500 80N400MLIN fulfils these tasks without any issue. There's also the benefit of its performance and battery capacity which help for working on the go. While battery life could have been slightly better, the Lenovo YOGA 500 80N400MLIN's capacity functions very well for what's inside.
If you're willing to spend slightly more on a transforming notebook, the Lenovo YOGA 500 80N400MPIN is worth a look. It features a 14 inch, full HD IPS display, fifth generation Intel Core i7-5500U CPU and 8 GB DDR3 RAM. Hard disk capacity is 1 TB while the display is touch-supported. Though battery capacity is similar to the Lenovo YOGA 500 80N400MLIN, its performance makes it worth checking out.