Lenovo G50-80 80L0006HIN 39.62cm (15.6 Inch) Laptop Black & Silver
- Very good build quality, right down to Accu Type keyboard and brushed metal palm rest.
- Good amount of RAM and hard disk space for its price. The Radeon R5 M230 is also pretty good when it comes to gaming at medium settings.
- Diverse selection of ports throughout.
- Colour quality is good despite the average pixel density.
- No Windows OS bundled which means additional money must be spent to install it.
- Intel Core i3 CPU isn't meant for power users but it may struggle for even the average consumer at times.
- Somewhat bulky in its thickness.
- 15.6 inch display could have better viewing angles.
The Lenovo G50-80 80L0006HIN is an interesting selection of hardware bogged down by a few problems. These problems can be solved if you invest a little more money into a better notebook. The main issue comes from not having Windows pre-installed. However, for those within this price range, the Lenovo G50-80 80L0006HIN offers decent performance and an acceptable display even if they're not top of the line.
The Dell Vostro 3558 is around the same price as the Lenovo G50-80 80L0006HIN and offers much of the same specifications. It has an Intel Core i3-4005U clocked at 1.7 GHz with 4 GB DDR3 RAM and a 1 TB HDD. Though the graphics are slightly inferior due to the Intel HD 4400 on-board but the 15.6 inch display is slightly better with LED backlighting. The biggest advantage that the Dell Vostro 3558 holds is that it comes bundled with Windows 8.1 64-bit. It's also lighter 2.2 kg and measures 0.85 inches thick, making it easier to handle.