Technology has taken Gen-Y by the storm and growing at a pace where it will be determining many personal and business decisions of Gen-Z and generations to come. The age of automation is already dawning upon us where several retail businesses are trying to smoothen their interactions with customers and making them feel exclusive. A helping hand in the same endeavour is a Point of Sale (POS) system that increases your overall business productivity along with effective operations while saving money.
The POS software for retail manages your inventory, reorders products, tracks consumer purchasing habits, etc. and other daunting tasks automatically. Thus, significant time should be put into researching for POS software. This is what one should check for while choosing a POS system:
- Does it Have What You Need? Every business, big or small, has different needs. For example, if one owns a spa and salon centre, one would need a salon POS system with built-in or customizable features which could manage appointments, sell beauty packages or services ahead of time, turn more customers into raving fans with discount coupons, etc. Thus, look for a POS system that is close to your business model, check what is working for them and then select an apt POS software.
- Is Your POS Setup Financially Draining You? While purchasing a POS software for retail, you should keep in mind the cost of the software along with hardware required and check their compatibility. The hardware essentials include a computer/tablet, POS receipt printer, cash drawer, barcode scanner and credit card terminal. You can be involved in a contract with a POS software provider as it can help you some save money throughout the year and you can pull out of the contract when unsatisfied.
- Is it Keeping an Eye on Your Stock? One needs to stay updated with the stock of our business offerings. Choose a POS for retail store that has a strong inventory aspect that allows the creation of purchase orders from suppliers as well as the transfer of stock between branches. Bid goodbye to manual bookkeeping and centralizing all of the revenue streams to just one interface.
- Is it Easy to Use? If you are involved in the hotel and restaurant industry, you should have a simple, easy to operate POS system irrespective of the huge staff number or staff turnover. The staff members will be involved in various tasks such as processing sales, quotes, returns, laybys and part payments where an intuitive restaurant pos software will minimize their chances of making mistakes. Be careful of a vendor trying to sell you a mediocre POS software.
- Is it Keeping Your Sales Report up to Date? A POS software for retail should be able to check how sales are doing at a retail store anytime, from anywhere. One may want to learn about other necessary aspects such as top selling items, inventory reorders, sales and inventory activity by date range, and customer activity. It’s important that a POS software helps the business owner stay connected with data like check net sales, transaction counts, average sales value, and the total number of customers in real time.
- Is it Providing the Needed Customer Support? The POS system of your choice should be able to give the customers 24/7 hour support whether it is via phone, email, or live chat. Any pressing need or query from a customer should be readily taken into consideration. If one is careless towards this, it can lead to serious loss of revenue.
- Is it Completely ‘Internet Connection Loss- Data Proof’? There are retail pos software that keep on recording data even in the offline mode. Check whether you have such a functionality integrated into your POS.
- Is your POS PCI Compliant? This refers to a standard design that reduces possible credit card fraud and includes a list of best practices and guidelines set forth by the major brand credit companies. It keeps digital thieves away and protects your revenue the right way. Generally, a POS for retail store equipment connects to a backend, a weak link in overall digital security. There is a pressing need to adopt a solution to protect all of your transactions and this starts with a secure POS system.
- Is your POS GST-integrated? Whether it’s retail POS software or a restaurant POS software, it is easy to program taxes and other deductibles. Currently, the pan India implementation of Goods and Service Tax on production, sale and consumption of any good/product across India calls for an immediate need of GST billing software.
- Can a POS easily integrate with other software? Check if you have a POS system that can be integrated with an accounting software or an e-commerce website. Such a feature saves time and resources with the elimination of double data entry and reduces the margin for error.
Choose Zopper Retail, a trusted POS for retail store and businesses with superior features which work with any number of outlets, be it 1 store or over 100. It is compatible with a PC, tablet or a Mac and even works in ofﬂine mode.